Thursday, March 18, 2010

This Really Frosts My Cookies...

I am EXTREMELY frustrated!

*As a side note, I recently took a "personality profile" for my counseling sessions to discover my strengths and weaknesses (more on that to come) and "easily discouraged" or "feelings can be hurt easily" were listed under my weaknesses...

When will people stop balking at my decision to follow Christ?!

This afternoon at the chamber luncheon two "friends" that I haven't seen or talked to in several months approached me to say hello.  We stood in conversation for several minutes when one mentioned that they don't see me out anymore (meaning at the bars).  I replied that I don't go "out" anymore, it's not who I want to be and I've made different (better) decisions in my life...

To which the other one commented, "you've become quite religious."  Then I heard, "yes...what's up with all the Bible versus you post on your facebook page?"  I replied, "what is wrong with posting Bible versus?" and this was the response...

"The next time you post a Bible verse on your facebook page, I'm going to post a photo from your college days with a caption that reads, 'where was Jesus then?'!"

GUESS WHAT?  HE WAS THERE!  YEP, HE'S BEEN THERE THE ENTIRE TIME!!  I JUST DIDN'T KNOW HIM THEN.  AND FOR YOUR INFORMATION, I HAVE NO REGRETS....BECAUSE WHAT I HAVE EXPERIENCED IN MY LIFETIME HAS MADE ME WHO I AM TODAY...AND THAT IS SOMEONE WHO FULLY UNDERSTANDS THE NEED AND THE DESIRE FOR CHRIST!  BECAUSE CLEARLY I COULDN'T (AND YOU CAN'T) DO IT WITHOUT HIM!!!!!

So...post the photos.....

But could you notify me first so I can immediately delete them? 

2 comments:

  1. Great response!!

    Have a great evening.
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Proud of you! Keep growing. You are making God proud!

    ReplyDelete