Sunday, March 21, 2010

"Outstretched Arms"...

The title of our sermon this morning...

"Outstretched Arms"...

I envision myself, laying in my bed in a New York City hotel room, thirteen months ago, arms outstretched...reaching for Jesus, the conquering resolution of today is the day to make things right with God!


Pastor Mark touches on God's salvation, preformed by God...he preaches God's plan to deliver His people, how without God we eventually destruct...God can change our destiny, He can change our everything!

Why would we chose to stay in bondage and disobedience when we can be delivered to the Truth, to Freedom?! 

God is our deliverer! (that is a very profound statement...I'll say it again...) God is our deliverer!

I soak up Pastor Mark's words...his message is piercing my heart, my soul...I feel as if he is speaking only to me...

And I love how in tune Pastor Mark is with his congregation...he must be paying attention...for the week I have just finished, and this...this is the message....it's as if I called Pastor Mark and said, "this is what I need to hear...."

Pastor Mark quotes Oswald Chambers:

"God does not give us an overcoming life;
rather God gives us life as we overcome."

As I type this post I glance back through my notes from the sermon and I re-read my scribble underneath the above quote I documented:

It is our walk by faith and not by sight, emotions, or feelings that will allow us to overcome the challenges presented in life.  It is our confidence in His Word and our willingness to obey Him, to trust His plan for us....


I stretch my arms towards God again...

and I whisper...

God is my deliverer.



"The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower."  ~Psalms 18:2

No comments:

Post a Comment