My dear friend and fellow blogger, "Sewing For Him" began a fun adventure in the blogging world with a 30 day challenge! I wanted to follow suit and so I begin my 30 day challenge today. Here is how it works:
Each day for thirty days there is a topic presented. I will submit a blog entry on the topic given for that day. The topics are:
1. List 20 random facts about yourself.
2. Describe 3 legitimate fears you have and explain how they became fears.
3. Describe your relationship with your parents.
4. List 10 things you would tell your 16 year-old self, if you could.
5. What are the 5 things that make you most happy right now?
6. What is the hardest thing you have ever experienced?
7. What is your dream job, and why?
8. What are 5 passions you have?
9. List 10 people who have influenced you and describe how.
10. Describe your most embarrassing moment.
11. Describe 10 pet peeves you have.
12. Describe a typical day in your current life.
13. Describe 5 weaknesses you have.
14. Describe 5 strengths you have.
15. If you were an animal, what would you be and why?
16. What are your 5 greatest accomplishments?
17. What is the thing you most wish you were great at?
18. What has been the most difficult thing you have had to forgive?
19. If you could live anywhere, where would it be and why?
20. Describe 3 significant memories from your childhood.
21. If you could have one superpower, what would it be and what would you do with it first?
22. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? 10 years? 15 years?
23. List your top 5 hobbies and why you love them.
24. Describe your family dynamic of your childhood vs. your family dynamic now.
25. If you could have dinner with anyone in history, who would it be and what would you eat?
26. What popular notion do you think the world has most wrong?
27. What is your favorite part of your body and why?
28. What is your love language?
29. What do you think people misunderstand most about you?
30. List 10 things you would hope to be remembered for.
Let's get started with topic #1: List 20 random facts about yourself.
I've done several "random facts" about myself on this blog, so I'm not sure there is too much you don't already know...
1. I have a newly developed obsession for pistachio nuts! I have a 3 lb. bag sitting on my desk at work and I snack on them all day long! I can't get enough! Are they healthy??? Please say yes...
2. If I have a Big Mac from McDonald's, I eat the meat and condiments only. I remove the bread (3 slices) and eat the non-cheesy hamburger patty with the special sauce, then I eat the cheesy hamburger patty with the special sauce, lettuce and pickles. Hottie Hubby refers to it as the ‘Big Mac autopsy’. I’ve been doing this since I was old enough to order a Big Mac. And for all of you wondering what happens to the bread...hottie hubby eats it.
3. I love watching the show "Snapped"...true stories about women that go crazy (hence the "snapped") and murder their husbands or the harlots that are sleeping with their husbands. Hottie hubby says that it scares him that I am so interested and wants to know if I am plotting something...he is convinced if I murder him I would get away with it.
4. I eat cake batter. No, I don’t mean that I lick the beaters and the spatula, I mean…I put a cupcake’s worth into a bowl and munch on it while the cake bakes.
5. I never graduated from college. It wouldn't take much for me to get my degree but then I look at my sister and think, "nah....I'm good." My sister graduated top of her class with a degree in journalism/marketing. She teaches yoga....and she is STILL making student loan payments seven years later. ....I'm very happy and secure in my job and I make more than my mother...who has been teaching for almost 40 years!
6. I first shaved my legs when I was 10 years old and my mother went CRAZY! I was staying the night with my friend, Missy Dallmeyer and her mother let her shave her legs. I tried it...and honestly I didn't do too bad. My mom freaked out and I wasn't allowed to shave my legs again until I was 16...that is child abuse if you ask me. On my 16th birthday I shaved my legs and when I was finished it looked like a scene from "Texas Chainsaw Massacre"!! I still have a scar on my right leg...
7. I own roughly 200 pairs of shoes. ....um, obviously I have a shoe fetish!
8. Hottie hubby and I began Dave Ramsey's "Financial Peace" two years ago and it's the BEST thing we have ever done for our financial situation AND our marriage. Sadly, my shoe fetish has been dramatically reigned in...
9. I am obsessed with Broadway Musicals. I dream of being in "Wicked" and when nobody is home I blast the soundtrack and put on my best performance for my pretend audience.
10. I have a very addictive personality...meaning that I when I find something I like, I cling to it...I become obsessed with it (just look through my list so far and count how many times I've used the word "obsessed" or "fetish")...this goes for anything....food, material objects, people....
12. I have roughly 15 books that are sitting next to my bed waiting for me to read...and yet I buy a new book at least once every two weeks. It's sad....or maybe an "obsession".... ;)
13. If I could go back into time and "rename" myself...I would choose the name "Elise" after The Sound of Music....and then I would want to dance and sing about being 16 going on 17 in my father's gazebo with a cute boy...
14. I hate driving and will physically pull my body inwards when trying to fit through a small space while I "oooooohhhhhh" and "aaaaaahhhhhh." I also duck when I go under low bridges and can be found gripping the seat and trying to put my foot through the floor to find an imaginary brake pedal on the passenger side when my Husband is driving.
15. I recently had a conversation with a coworker about a scary movie (Paranormal Activity) and that night I literally had to run as fast as I could from my bedroom light switch to my bed, jumping on the bed like I was 5 and scurrying under the covers, pulling them tight against my chin....what?! I didn't want the boogie monster to get me.....
16. I would love to be an OB/Delivery nurse.
17. I love reality tv....it's smutty and SO entertaining!
18. My hair has been every color of the rainbow....or at least it seems like it. I'm not really sure what my natural hair color is anymore....
19. I cheat when I play scrabble against my computer....and I'm convinced the computer cheats too.
20. I've worn glasses since I was four years old. My left eye is a lazy eye. My step-dad used to say, "it's not your fault that your left eye is attracted to your right eye!" And even when I'm wearing my glasses, if I'm really tired, my lazy eye will begin to roll in.....