Monday, April 30, 2012

Thirty...Family Dynamic

Question #24: " Describe your family dynamic of your childhood vs. your family dynamic now."


Family dynamics is defined as the forces at work within a family that produce particular behaviors or symptoms. It is the way in which a family lives and interacts with one another that creates the dynamic. And that dynamic, whether good or bad, changes who people are, it burrows into their psyche, ultimately influencing how they view and interact with the world outside of their family.      
Growing up I had a biological father, a step-father, a biological mother and a step-mother. I lived with and was raised by my step-father and my biological mother. I saw my biological father and my step-mother one night a week and every other weekend...

...I remember as a young girl thinking to myself that when I grew up and had children I would NEVER, EVER get divorced. I never wanted any of my children to have to suffer through the pain and confusion of divorce...or act as a "go between" as my little brother and I often had to do with our own parents.

Unfortunately, divorce found it's way in my life for a second time...my first marriage failed and my ex husband and I had an infant (Hayden had just turned one). I decided that I was not going to let my failed marriage define who I was, or who my son would be. My ex husband and I remained friends (we even live next to each other) and my son's step mother and I get along beautifully. She is wonderful to Hayden and that is really all I care about.

Today I am happily married (going on 13 years!) to hottie hubby and we have three boys (that includes Hayden). Hottie hubby and I work very hard at raising our boys with Christian values and morals. We provide a happy home where all three of our boys know they are loved and adored. We encourage our boys to be the best that they can be in all areas of life, to make the right choices and to love everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment