Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Thirty...Passions

30 day challenge, Question #8: "What are 5 passions you have?"

pas·sion [pash-uhn]
noun
1. any powerful or compelling emotion or feeling, as love or hate.
2. strong amorous feeling or desire; love; ardor.

That is a pretty "passionate" definition!! ;)

This post was fairly simple for me...I'm a very passionate person. A lot of that comes from my dramatic personality...also my addictive personality....my obsessive personality....
...am I starting to sound scary?  :)

Along with the definition, when I discover something that I like, I develop strong amorous feelings towards it...a desire to know more, a compelling emotion that creates a strong craving within!

Five PASSIONS of mine:

1. Christ, my Lord & Savior. He has risen and the same power which raised Him raises me. Because He lives I have eternal, abundant and glorious life in the Lord! I am coming to know that God really shines through me in my brokenness. When I allow him to repair, mend and mold me, I begin to become who intended me to be!
"I want to know Christ—yes, to know the power of his resurrection and participation in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death, and so, somehow, attaining to the resurrection from the dead. Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already arrived at my goal, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. " ~ Philippians: 3: 10-12

2. Family. As a Mom, I have a long list of mistakes that I have made. Everything from my personal blunders to parenting blunders. I did not become a follower of Jesus until I was an adult, so that left a lot of time for wandering around lost in childhood. That being said, I do not want the same for my children and I am more aware of the value of time spent with my husband and children. It is very important to me (and my husband) that we teach our children the importance of knowing Christ, the fulfillment there is in developing a relationship with Him. My passions in family time are the giggles, the smiles, the cuddles, the scripture we read together and the memories we create each and every day!

3. Journaling. I've been journaling for roughly ten years. It began as an exercise that my therapist wanted me to do...."Every night before you go to bed I want you to write about your day. It can be a sentence, a paragraph or a novel if you need it to be...just write your thoughts." I did just that. Each night as I sat in my bed, side table light glowing, I wrote. Sometimes it was just a sentence or two. Other times it was four to five pages long...it simply depended on my day. After a few years I began to journal my past. Events, good and bad that I felt were important for me to record. Three years ago I began this blog; however the blog has not taken the place of my old fashioned paper and pen. I have countless notebooks, some are spiral bound, some are leather, others are paperback...ten years of my memories, thoughts, advice, prayers.....all tucked away in a safe spot for my children to read some day.

4. Music. I come from a musical family. Both my mother and my father sing. I have an aunt that is a professional gospel singer. Growing up, my dream was to become a Broadway performer. I took piano and voice lessons for twelve years! I participated in all the school musicals, as well as some of the community theatre musicals. Music is all around me! Every song that I hear has a memory woven into the notes. I can listen to music and feel so many emotions, often becoming overwhelmed in the beauty of the melodies. I have become especially passionate towards the music we play during worship. I have found that the words, the melody, the rhythm...it all plays an iatrical part in hearing God's voice.

5. Cleaning! I know....c-r-a-z-y! Not to me! I LOVE to clean! Cleaning is a release for me. I take pride in my home and all that I have worked for within my home and keeping it clean comes naturally for me. I love the smell of Comet, bleach, laundry detergents, Windex, Pledge.....ahhhhhhhhh......the sound of the broom bristles across my ceramic tile in the kitchen, the steam pockets that emerge from my hardwood floor steamer....the vacuum......I LOVE IT ALL!

1 comment:

  1. I have an entire box overflowing with journals, about 15 years worth I guess. But, I do NOT enjoy cleaning...

    ReplyDelete