Saturday, April 28, 2012

Thirty...Forgiveness

Question #18: "What has been the most difficult thing you have had to forgive?"

Ugh. I really dislike this question and I considered skipping it all together. Forgiveness is such a touchy subject...it's a very serious and DEFINITE aspect in the Christian way of life. I have learned within my faith journey that UN-forgiveness is a sin between you and God....which is why forgiveness is a necessity.  


In my life, the most difficult thing that I have had to forgive (and I am still working through) is my mom and my dad's divorce. I was seven....and I've posted about their divorce a few times on this blog so I am not going to go into a lot of detail. 



....Everything that revolves around their divorce are things that I have needed to forgive. Divorce is such an ugly, ugly beast and what is most disturbing is the rate of divorced families grows each year....it's at an all time high right now. When children are involved.....well, it's unimaginable. It's painful. It's heart wrenching....and it never...NEVER goes away. 


I am walking on the path of forgiveness with my mother, my father and my step-mother. The path also includes my sister and when he was still here, my brother. 


....what I like best about forgiveness is the healing that comes with it....and I definitely feel like I am healing. Slowly. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment