Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Thirty...Weakness

30 day challenge, Question #13: "Describe 5 weaknesses you have"


Wait, you mean I have to admit that I have weaknesses? ...I'm not perfect??


I suppose the first step is to admit that I have weaknesses...


Hello. 
My name is Betsy Dudenhoeffer.
I have weaknesses

However...I am learning that it is in the midst of our weaknesses that the power of Christ dwells in us!




But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong." 2 Corinthians 12:9-10

The strong, the self sufficient, the capable ones do not need Jesus.

And so, the Lord in His grace and mercy reveals to me how very weak I am... And
I cry out, Lord, help me! 



...and for those of you who know me well...I guess it is only fair that I also include in this post that I STINK at handling struggles, life trials, hardships...blah, blah, blah.  Having admitting to that, I also know that God is in control...I just have trouble handing complete control over to Him. I'm learning!


My {Top} Five Weaknesses ...because we ALL know I have way more than five...  


1. Control over my emotions. I cry at the drop of a hat....no kidding. In fact, I'm choked up just typing this....


2. Selfishness. I'm most likely the most selfish person you will probably know, I'm just really good at hiding it.....um, maybe you are laughing at that....maybe I'm not so good at hiding it. I think everything is about me.....now that I've said that out loud (or at least typed it) you should know that I am trying VERY hard to change my selfishness. I pray every day that the Lord work on my heart...and He is!  


3. Focus. I am thinking about self-diagnosing myself with SEVERE Attention Deficit Syndrome. In the time I've started this post I've done at least twelve different things!


4. Over-processing EVERYTHING! My mind is CONSTANTLY running....always thinking of the "What ifs?" It's exhausting. My kids ask, "Can we go outside to play?" My mind kicks in....it's too cold, they could get frost bite and lose their toes......it's too hot, they could overheat and have a heat stroke.....etc.....


That goes on for hours....and it's not just about my kids...it's literally everything within my life....


5. Pronunciation of words. This can be VERY entertaining. I think that I hear words being said one way...but my way is wrong....then I use that word in conversation and I'm really, really wrong in either how I used it, or how I pronounced it. For example, I thought that "Palm" Sunday was "Psalm" Sunday....no lie, I said "Psalm" Sunday for YEARS....actually, I just figured it out last year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment