Sunday, February 14, 2010

Find God's Love Here...

*My posts for the next few days will reflect my spiritual walk.  I am submerging myself in the word of Jesus and I will share with all of you, if you are so inclined to listen...

Sundays have become my favorite day of the week...a spiritual "lift" each and every Sunday when I walk through the doors of Memorial Baptist Church.  The week can take so much out of me and yet I am fully restored with His word after a Sunday morning sermon delivered by the most awesome Pastor!

This morning I stood on stage and sang with the choir..."Made To Worship", "Nothing But The Blood Of Jesus", "I Love Thee, Lord", and "He Is Good!" I felt the Holy Spirit consume me with His love...

This mornings sermon was titled, "Affairs of the Heart.".....yes, God knows, and He delivered to me a sermon that flowed straight to the depths of my heart. 

Pastor Mark's words thrust their way to my soul..."invite Him in to do His work!" 

Yes, I have invited Him in...in fact, tomorrow will mark one year ago that I opened my heart to Jesus (stay tuned for a "Happy CHRISTIAN Birthday" post tomorrow), but I haven't always let Him do his work...

The following is a recap of the notes I took during the sermon:
We are to put our faith completely in Christ, wholly reliant on grace and the Holy Spirit and not on any standards, laws, rules, or ethics. There are no Christian morals to guide us but only the Holy Spirit, which teaches us to say "No" to ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live like Christ wants us to live.

We are not to stand on or hide in the gallery of conventional tradition, but fully position ourselves in Christ, being unified in the person in Him and the work of Him.

Most of malaise will melt away if we return to Christ...
 
The life of Jesus within us only happens if we open the door to Him, allowing Him access to our deep, inner selves where He desires to conform us to His image, living His life within us.  Keeping His word goes beyond obedience...it means creating an intimate fellowship where we can make our home with Him (John 8:31) and He with us.

This is the freedom He desires to bring us to.....

No comments:

Post a Comment