Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanks Be To God...

"But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ." (1 Corinthians 15:57)


"What are you thankful for on this day of Thanksgiving?"  The question posed at the dinner table among family. 

Family.  Friends.  Food.  Job.  One by one we went around the table and gave thanks.  I went last...fifteen others before me...I was number sixteen.  I sat, silently.  All eyes were on me...and I bowed my head...

Of course I am thankful for my family, my friends, the delicious meal I enjoyed today, the beautiful weather, my job...blah, blah, blah, blah...

But there was something more...something bigger, greater...something money cannot buy, something that has changed me inside and out...I lifted my head and I looked at my family.  My eyes filled with tears...smiling, I replied:

"What I am most thankful for is the price paid for my redemption."

Dear Lord, thank you.  Thank you for the courage you give me everyday to continue to share my passion for you with others.  I am not ashamed to spread the Word...you are my Savior, my Redeemer, my King.  You bless me each and every day!  Thanks be to God!

No comments:

Post a Comment