Thursday, November 5, 2009

Is This It???




For those of you who do not know, I do movie reviews on a local radio station every Friday morning.  That's right...I'm paid to go to the movies.  I just returned from seeing the movie "This Is It", the last footage of the great Michael Jackson.  I'm going to be very honest with you and say that I really had no desire to see this movie, I only agreed because I was asked to review it.  However, having said that...I left the movie with a new respect for the king of pop!

The Michael Jackson we see in the movie is not a self-styled god or a tabloid freak. He is what he always was underneath it all: a talented musician, a brilliant dancer, and one of the most gifted entertainers of all time.  For two amazing hours, all the ghosts of scandals past disappear, leaving an entertainer whose only desire was to dazzle.

And dazzle he does.

Michael was ready to reclaim his throne, he was a man on a mission and the footage shot during rehearsals for his upcoming tour proved that he didn't do things half a**, he went all the way.  The "Thriller" segment of the movie is worth the price of admission alone...

I challenge all of you...I know how you feel, you think he was/is over exposed, you are tired of hearing about "MJ"....but I urge you to let go of all those thoughts, open your mind and go see this movie...it is truly an awesome tribute to one of the music industry's most notorious and downright tragic figures!

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree except that I wanted to see the movie. What a waste. Such a fabulous talent!

    ReplyDelete