Thursday, March 26, 2009

This & That Thursday Tale...

My good friend Emily has requested that I write about another "Betsy-ism" (words that I mispronounce or interpret differently than they should be pronounced or interpreted) that occurred when we worked together at Bucket Media. And so Emily, this one's for you:

Q & B

As a member of the local chamber, we (Bucket Media) were invited to the QMB's (Quarterly Membership Breakfast). I LOVED going to these kind of community events because it's a great way to socialize and meet new people! QMB's were not new to me, I had been going for years! One day while Emily and I were at the office (it happened to be the day before the QMB) I asked Emily:

"Hey Em, are you going to the Q & B tomorrow morning?"

(did you catch that? Q & B??)

Emily: "Ummmm....the what?"

Me: "The Q and B!"

Emily: "What's that?"

Me: "What do you mean what's that? The Questions and Breakfast for the chamber! Duh!!"

Emily (after picking herself up off the floor from laughing hysterically): "Well, I don't know about that, but I AM going to the QUARTERLY MEMBERSHIP BREAKFAST!"

Me: "Whatever."

And so, there you have your story Emily. Everyone now knows that for years I thought people were saying "Q and B" rather than "QMB." And by the way...they do ask questions at these breakfasts so my interpretation made total sense!


*Hey Em...tune in next Thursday and I'll tell about Facsimile! (wink, wink)


1 comment: