In honor of my blog title "Giggles and Bits", I now offer you a few "bits" of Betsy! ;)
1. My real name is Ellyn. I don't use the name Ellyn because I think it sounds "old" or at least it did many, many years ago before I became thirty-something!
2. I am the oldest of 5 siblings. I am 35, I have a 30 year old brother, a 24 year old sister, a 21 year old sister and a 19 year old sister!
3. My parents divorced when I was 7 and both parent remarried when I was 9!
4. In the 4th grade I sang a solo in my school play. I was an "auctioneer" and I sang really fast like an auctioneer would sing!
5. In the 6th grade I got the lead in the school play, "Scrooge", yes...I played Scrooge, and I was damn good! :)
6. I play the piano.
7. I love to sing!
8. My dream is to be in a Broadway play!
9. I saw my first Broadway play on February 17th of this year!! It was in New York City at the Gershwin Theatre and the play was "Wicked"! I would see it a million times over if I could!!
10. I have three beautiful (and spoiled) boys! Hayden is 13, Jack is 8 and Benjamin is 7. Benjamin was a HUGE surprise...in fact, you would have thought my husband and I were a couple of teenagers when we found out...the conversation went something like this...
Me: "You can call your parents and tell them that we are pregnant again."
Mark: "Hell no, you tell your parents first!"
Me: "I think it would be better for your parents to know first because they are a little more sane than my parents...we can use your parents as a tester..."
Mark: "I'm not telling my parents first, you tell yours!"
11. My husband and I will celebrate our 10 year anniversary in May! I am completely amazed that my husband has stayed with me this long...he is truly a SAINT!! (Seriously...I'm a DIVA...I admit it's pretty tough to live with me)! :)
12. My oldest son is from my first marriage. My ex-husband and I are neighbors. We make better friends than we did as husband and wife. Together, along with our spouses we make sure that our son Hayden never feels like he has to "choose" between parents and we always make sure that he is comfortable with all of us in the same room. We don't believe in "separate" parent/teacher conferences, we don't require two of everything to be sent home from school, we operate as one big family and it's really, really nice!
13. I would LOVE to be on Oprah someday to talk about the way my ex-husband and I (along with our spouses) handle our situation. It is VERY important to us that our son knows that we all love him very much and that our failed marriage had nothing to do with him! We think it is how EVERY divorced couple with children should operate!
14. I do not and will not eat leftovers. I know I sound spoiled rotten...but I am.
15. My friend Kara is a vegetarian. She's got a killer body...I'm talking Barbie body. A few months ago I considered becoming a vegetarian, but I decided I like meat too much and it all went down hill from there.
16. I have metal wires and screws in my jaw and metal rods, screws and a plastic vertebra in my back. I honestly believe that I am the bionic woman!
17. I have many, many fears...my biggest fear is death. My second biggest fear is midgets...no offense...I just become paralyzed when I see one...even on TV. I think it has something to do with a movie I saw when I was 7 or 8 years old called "Foul Play" starring Chevy Chase and Goldie Hawn. There is an Albino and a midget and the midget scared the piss out of me.
18. I was diagnosed with Epilepsy almost six months ago. I've had numerous seizures, which now seem to be under control.
19. I feel extremely blessed to have the people that I work for in my life. I stared working for Brown Printing and Modern Litho-Print almost 2 years ago and my life has completely changed. The owners are absolutely the most amazing people I have ever met. They are extremely patient, kind, giving and all around fantastic. I'm not sure what I did in my life to deserve such an opportunity or such a blessing as having them in my life and the job that I have, but I am so thankful!
20. I LOVE to giggle! I laugh ALL the time! I feel great when I laugh and I love to make others laugh! Laughter really is the best medicine!
21. I am a cancer survivor. I had skin cancer four times on my chest and the last two times I did radiation.
22. I have a shoe fetish! You wouldn't believe me if I told you how many pairs of shoes I have. My husband once told me that the amount of shoes I have is equivalent to a down payment on a new home!
23. I have OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder). I am a NEAT freak. I like things to be orderly and straight. I like clean lines. I sometimes have to lock my doors 5 times. I'll go through an entire book of scrap paper until I feel like my "to do" lists are neatly written. I'm like the abusive husband on the movie "Sleeping With The Enemy"...you know the one that beats Julia Roberts because she didn't have the labels on the canned vegetables all facing out...yep, that's me.
24. I have a lazy eye. It's my left eye...I wear contacts (or glasses) at all times. If I am not wearing either my contacts or my glasses my left eye will roll in...even when I am wearing contacts or glasses if I am bored or tired it will roll in. My dad used to say to me, "it's not your fault that your left eye is attracted to your right eye!" I had eye surgery two years ago to strengthen the muscle so it won't roll in so much. It's really not that noticeable unless I point it out which I just did so I'm sure it is all you will be able to focus on now (no pun intended)! :)
25. When I get a good fortune at Chinese restaurants in my fortune cookie, I eat it. Yep...I put it in my mouth and I eat the paper....it will come true if I do.
There you go! 25 random "bits" about me! If there is anything else you want to know just ask!! I'm an open book, and I LOVE to talk about me! :)