Sunday, March 1, 2009

Jack Be Nimble, Jack Be Quick...(Quick to catch on, that is)!

Remember that I told you my husband is gone until April? Yesterday (day 1) my two younger boys and I went to TJ Maxx after dropping off our beagle at Petco to be groomed. Upon entering the store my boys raced back to the kids & toy section of the store while I browsed around in purses and shoes. When I made my way back to where the boys were my son Jack (8 years old) was holding a big detective kit ($24.00 for black dust and a paint brush in a shiny metal case, apparently you can catch ANY thief with this "high tech" kit) and with his beautiful big brown eyes he looked up at me and asked if I would buy the detective kit for him. Could you tell him no? I didn't think so...so of course I said yes! I turned my back to start walking towards the front and I heard Jack quietly say to his younger brother...
"See Ben...it's like I said, when you want something you either ask maw maw and paw paw or you wait until Dad's gone and then you ask mom!"

Had I just been out smarted???

Friday night the boys and I went up the street to my friend Tina's house. Tina also has a son named Jack and he is 8 years old too! Here is a picture of my two boys (my Jack is in the middle and Benjamin is on the right) with Tina's son Jack (left).

Today my niece Sophia (13 months) and my new baby nephew Henry (2 weeks) came to my house!! I bought Sophie a Strawberry Shortcake doll and she LOVED her! Here are some pictures...

Check out her leggings....yes, those are sequins!!! Do they make those for 35 year olds?
Got Milk??
And this is my new nephew (Sophie's baby brother), Henry Edmund Hockaday Fine!! He is SO tiny...it's hard for me to believe that my boys were once this small....



So, my first weekend with my husband away...only four more to go...you know what they say, "time flies when you are having fun...." Hmmmm....this weekend seemed to drag on.... ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment