Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Isaiah 41:13

I surrender.

I surrender my life story to God.

I reflect back on the past few weeks...

...I reflect back on the past few years...

...and I surrender my life story to God.

I have witnessed God's work in trying times...and only recently did I realize that indeed, it is God's work.

I have been encouraged more and more to recognize God's limitless creativity...

...A friend offers a verse, Isaiah 41:13

"For I am the LORD, your God,
who takes hold of your right hand and says to you,
Do not fear; I will help you."


Yesterday morning I opened my Bible along with my daily devotional...

...Daily Devotional:  Isaiah 41:13.

...I whisper to myself, "that's kind of cool. Today's daily devotional is Isaiah 41:13, the same verse that my friend offered just a few days ago."

...Coincidence, I thought....

Today.  I sat next to an elderly woman in the massage chair of a local salon, relaxed and clearing my head while I received a pedicure...

Woman:  "Excuse me, you look familiar, do I know you?"

Me:  "I don't think so."

Woman:  "Hmmmm. It must just be your friendly face."

Me:  "Thank you."

Woman:  "Special event?"

Me:  "Excuse me?"

Woman:  "Are you having a pedicure for a special event?"

Me:  "Oh, no...just because."  pause  "well, actually, I'm treating myself.
I've had quite the drama these past few weeks with my family, and
I was diagnosed with Melanoma....I'll be okay, but melanoma, none the less"

Woman:  "I'm sorry.  Are you doing okay?"

Me:  "Sure.  I'll be fine."

Woman:  "Do you have a Bible?"

Me:  "I do."

Woman:  "I would encourage you to read Isaiah 41:13."

Coincidence...

...No.

That's God.


2 comments:

  1. That's God speaking all right! So good to know He cares.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!!! and the verse! AND YOU!

    ReplyDelete