Saturday, April 10, 2010

Whatever...


Today my church hosted a girls conference for ages 5th grade through 7th grade.  There was a guest speaker, several sessions covering health and beauty, fitness and nutrition, "the facts of life" and "what's the big deal about boys?"...

at the end of the day there was a fashion show demonstrating how to dress modestly...

Linda Brinkman (I think Linda has gotten more shout outs on my blog in the past few days than any family member or other friend of mine has the entire time I've been blogging) is who co-ordinates the girls conference and she puts a TON of work into the event...

...earlier in the week Linda asked me if I would give a ten minute talk to the girls about dressing modestly....

...I was really excited that she asked me, so I shared with my boss...

Me:  "Guess what?!  Linda asked me to talk to the girls at the conference on Saturday about dressing modestly!  Isn't that cool?"

....his reply:

Boss:  "You know, generally when people think you could learn from something, they have you make a presentation about it to your peers...I'm just sayin'"

Um, whatever.  He's just jealous because I'm a fashionista.

1 comment: