Monday, January 31, 2011

I Love Him, I Love Him Not, I Love Him...

Dave Ramsey...

...he's a new "hottie" I love to hate.

Hottie Hubby and I enrolled in Financial Peace University (FPU) and last night was our second class.  In July of last year, hottie hubby and I adopted the principles of the Dave Ramsey teachings, but registering in FPU was necessary for us to really tackle this "debt free" way of life. 



Our class is large...roughly 30-35 people.  Each class is held on Sunday evenings for two hours at the church we attend, although there are only three to five couple's in the class that actually attend our church. 

The first hour is a video "lesson" taught by Dave Ramsey himself...the guy is in his late fifties (I'm guessing), stylish (for an older man), well spoken, really intelligent, Godly, great sense of humor and all around a total "hottie"...(again, for an older man)...


...I'm totally loving the class, and honestly, I'm loving on Dave too...but, as with most "hotties" there is much to hate too...

...Here is my Love/Hate Dave Ramsey list:

What I HATE about Dave Ramsey is...
  • Dave Ramsey totally sabotaged my chances at getting a new dress for the Chamber Gala!
  • Because of FPU, I've had to make a promise to not purchase any new pair of shoes for the year 2011...{scream!}
  • Dave Ramsey has wedged his way in between my decade long relationship with Target!
  • Dinner out has a whole new meaning...Dinner out = "dinner just came 'out' of the oven, come and get it!"
  • Trips to the grocery store no longer include chocolate snacks being slipped into the cart, now we have organized, checked off lists...

What I LOVE about Dave Ramsey is...
  • He's easy on the eyes!
  • He keeps me entertained with his quirky comments and great sense of humor!
  • LOVING that hottie hubby and I are on our way to a debt free way of living!
  • LOVING how this class and new way of living has really opened up the lines of communication between hottie hubby and me, it's done WONDERS in our marriage!
  • Meeting new people within the class has been an added bonus!

...in all honesty, Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University is the best thing that hottie hubby and I have done for ourselves.  We have seen tremendous change already, and we are both looking so forward to a new way of living...like nobody else!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment