Thursday, May 13, 2010

Somewhere Over The Rainbow...

Everyone has a history, a past, a series of life events. For some, life events can be positive and uplifting, similar to threads of happiness spun into self-confidence. For others, life events may be a journey through consistent darkness; a darkness that threatens to conceal the Spirit of life.

 
Life events mold us. They shape us from the inside out. Unfortunately, what you see on the outside rarely resembles the deep mystery within...

My history, my past – I gladly yield to my Savior...

...He is the only one who is able to paint a beautiful rainbow from my palette filled with grays...

My parents divorce...creating feelings within me of rejection, confusion and insecurity...
   ......Rejection led to my search for love anywhere I could find it...creating desperation...
Desperation led me to pain and bitterness...
     .....Pain and bitterness along with years of emotional and verbal abuse led to the absence of the skills I needed to seek self-respect… 

 But my rainbois being painted...

      ....the healing of my heart, experiencing God's gracious gift of unconditional love and mercy.

.........He has washed away the grays on my palette.

             I yield to my Savior...





 


 

 

1 comment: