Friday, October 9, 2009

"Angel Of Harlem"....or Manhattan...



I have climbed the highest mountain...

I have run through the fields...

 I have run...

I have crawled...

I have scaled these city walls...

And then I made reservations at Four Seasons restaurant in New York City to entertain a client at lunch.  After an hour into the lunch I looked a couple of tables down from ours and I went into a trance.  Unable to shift my eyes away, I calmly and quietly said to my boss...

"I know this is going to sound crazy...but that guy at that table right there looks like Bono from U2..."

My boss had a "you-are-right-you-are-crazy-there-is-no-way-Bono-from-U2-is-sitting-a-couple-of-tables-away-from-us" grin on his face as our client leaned over and very nonchalantly  said...

"That's because it IS Bono."

That was it.  I have no recollection of the business conversation after that...

Did I get a picture, an autograph, you may ask?  It wasn't that kind of restaurant...I would have been thrown out. 

When has that ever stopped me before, you may ask?  When the client has the potential to put me over my sales budget for the year. 

Upon walking out of the restaurant, having parted with the client I looked at my boss....adrenaline surging through my body, my heart pumping at speeds that could have been harmful...

"OMG Greg....WE JUST SAT A FEW FEET AWAY FROM BONO!!!!!!!!!  HOW CAN YOU NOT BE FLIPPING OUT?  HOW CAN YOU NOT BE CRAPPING YOUR PANTS?!?!?!"

To which my boss replied,

"I am crapping my pants....at the bill."

Some people have their priorities all wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment