Sunday, July 22, 2012

On Display...

We are all sinners, saved by Grace...

...Everyone messes up...

...Each of you has made wrong choices...

...Temptation is so easy to fall into, and we all have succumbed to its lure...

We say things that are inappropriate....

....We make mistakes...

...We sin, on a daily basis....

It is easy for us as Christians to "expect" non-believers to behave in such ways...after all, we don't hold them accountable to the Christian standards....

But it is disheartening when we watch other Christians fall from the pedestals we have placed them on...we just didn't expect it from them....

...Idolatry....a recurring theme within my own growth as a Christian. From the beginning of accepting Christ, I have looked at others and thought, "If I could be like them...." or "Those people don't sin..."

....when in fact, "those people" ....those Christians that I want to be more like....they do sin, just as I sin, and you sin. But most importantly, we are ALL cleansed, given a new, fresh start and our sins are forgotten in His eyes....EVERY. SINGLE. DAY.

Isn't that awesome?!

Throughout my journey I have come to realize that what I need, and really what everyone needs (and probably desires) are Christians who are willing to put their sins and their mistakes on display, intentionally...

Sound crazy? ....Just hear me out...

What a testament for men and women to publicly repent their sins, not trying to pretend like they are without... Men and women who will confess that they still struggle with their flesh, but are at peace knowing that they are forgiven through the blood of Christ...

I have always thought that perhaps if Christians were more forthcoming with their struggles, we might attract more non-believers....because then they would know that you don't have to be "perfect" or without sin to receive Christ's love!

That is the honesty I seek...

...and the honesty I, myself try to exhibit...

I am a sinner.

I have made mistakes.

I have fallen to temptation.

I have lived without boundaries.

I have been disobedient.

...And I am on a journey....a path to be made whole again....

...and I am on display...

looking towards the Healer....knowing that nobody is BIGGER than CHRIST.

No comments:

Post a Comment