Friday, July 23, 2010

10 Honest Things...

I've said it before...

....I DISPISE forwards!

Especially the ones that say, "forward this to 10 friends in the next 5 minutes or you will have bad luck for 25 years."

....puh-leese!

But...

...today I received a forward (I guess it's considered a forward) from a friend and it was actually...

....fun.

I learned SO much information about some of my friends, some of their friends, some "soon-to-be" friends...

I decided to turn it into a post! 

You're excited, aren't you?

"10 Honest Things About Myself"

1.  I have a very serious obsession with Bethenny Frankel from "Bethenny Getting Married?" and "Real Housewives of NYC" on Bravo!  Honestly people, the woman is made of seven kinds of awesome!

2.  I have two very tiny scars on either side of my jaw line.  I endured intense jaw surgery the summer before my senior year of high school...two millimeters of my jaw bone were taken from each side of my jaw, crushed up and created into my chin.  My jaws were wired shut for eight weeks and I lost over 30 pounds, which at the time was not ideal for me since I weighed all of 115 pounds.  I'm taking suggestions on how I can work that surgery back into my life now...because since we're being honest here, I could really use the 30 pound weight loss now.

3.  While we are on the subject of weight loss, I'm on day 17 of the most challenging diet I've ever tried.  I did extremely well up until day 15, when hottie hubby and I went to see the movie "Inception" (brilliant, by the way) and I ate buttered popcorn.  I ate like I was going to the electric chair...but no worries folks, it went right through me (if you know what I mean). 

4.  Behind all the sarcasm and funniness, I am deeply insecure.

5.  I watch the movie "Bring It On" at least once a week.  It's sick, I know...but you never know when you are going to be confronted by the head cheerleader from the rival high school and I want to make sure that when I am, I have the best come back line. 

6.  I know very little (close to nothing) about politics, and quite frankly, I don't care to learn. 

7.  I sneeze in threes.  And apparently I'm a poet.

8.  I am fascinated by popular media and popular culture!  I do care about how many days Lindsey Lohan will spend in jail...and it better be the full 90.  I'm just sayin'

9.  I don't like for my food to touch on my plate.  I much prefer the "divider" plates.  Shepherd's Pie is my culinary nightmare.

10.  Not only do I have a "matchy match" problem, I also have a very bad "even steven" issue. I need symmetry and usually acquire otherwise inconsequential items in pairs. For example, I can’t have just one storage container bin on a shelf, there must be two. I also have to eat two of whatever I’m snacking on (cheez-its, m&m’s) at a time.


See, wasn't that fun?  Now it's your turn!  And if you don't post 10 honest things about you within the next 10 minutes you will have bad luck for 25 years.

Time starts now....

2 comments:

  1. I loved learning more about you. This was a fun post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guess I'm gonna hae bad luck for 25 years. But I so enjoyed your version.
    I can say I don't know any real housewives names except the one on I love Lucy.
    I lost weight and stopped biting my finger nails both times I had braces. Maybe I should get them again?
    I haven't been to the movies since I won tickets from you the first time a year or two ago.
    I'm secure, I tie myself to my house every day I can.
    I only know the presidents name, but really wish I didn't.
    And now it's my bedtime.
    Maybe I will only have bad luck for 12 1/2 years cause I answered some.

    ReplyDelete