Sunday, September 12, 2010

Dear Mother...

Dear Mother,

Six weeks have passed since our precious Cal left this Earth to return home to be with His heavenly Father.  I have watched you lay motionless in your bed, unable to stop your pain as you mourned the loss of your only son.  I have sat next to you whispering words of encouragement as you spent hours recalling sweet moments that have been tucked away in photo albums.  I have held your hand as you wept, releasing your anger, your confusion and your sorrow...

...but I have also witnessed unbelievable strength and courage within you.  The strength to continue on...if only for Cal's children, your grand babies...and for me, for Brendan and for Jordan. 

Mom, I want you to know that these past few weeks I have grown to love you even more than I did before, if that is even possible.  I have thanked God each day that He has blessed me with the time you and I have shared.  I am so proud of you, mom. You are the light in our family.  Your selfless acts are what have made all of us who we are today, and mom...I am proud of who I am.

As I tiptoe into my boys bedroom, I gently caress the tops of their sleeping heads...and I lean over, placing a soft kiss upon their cheeks and I whisper "I love you, forever."

...and as I quietly walk away I pray to God that I am half the mother that you are to me...

I love you mother...
Forever and always...

No comments:

Post a Comment