Tuesday, June 7, 2011

This Is Where The Healing Begins...

One year ago today...

...June 7, 2010...

...I began radiation treatments to combat the melanoma I had been diagnosed with weeks earlier.

In honor of being CANCER FREE for one year I am reposting my journey...blog entries from a year ago this week...

...a reminder of how God works...

....a reminder to TRUST in Him....

Monday, June 7, 2010

Truth...


I'm unveiling my true self...
I have loved everyone's prayers and encouragement...
...I have needed everyone's prayers and encouragement.

So many of my friends and family have shared with me what an inspiration I have been...
..."always so upbeat and positive"

...."always a smile"

"you've been so strong!"

...the truth is,

I. feel. weak.

Of course I'm "upbeat", "smiling", "positive" and "strong" out there...

...it's what people who know me expect me to be.

But in here...

...inside my home...behind closed doors...

I cry. I bargain with God. I scream "it's not fair!" I feel numb. I get angry.

...But I believe in God's plan enough to know that while I am hurting, I am also healing...

in two very powerful ways...

physically...

...and spiritually.

No comments:

Post a Comment