Friday, June 10, 2011

(Repost) Caraline. Take 3...

Another entry in the "melanoma" journal....

Thursday, June 10, 2010



Caraline. Take 3...


Remember my "little" bestie Caraline?

...she's my burst of sunshine! Honestly, I can be in the worst mood or feel terribly ill, and Caraline can make all the ugliness go away!

The past two days have been awful for me. AWFUL. Radiation sucks! Not that anyone said it would be all rainbows and lollipops...

...I have felt lethargic and icky for the past 48 hours. I've cried until I have no more tears left.

Just when I think I can't take anymore...

...the mailman brings a letter from Caraline, who is away at camp with my boys.


Dear Betsy,

My mom said if I'm not nice to your boys this week, she will kill me. So, I'm being nice. Wink. Wink. I hope all your stuff at the hospitile is going okay. If it's not, and you die, can I have all the stuff in your office and your fake nose? Can't wait to see you when I get back!

Love,

Caraline

I love the honesty of a nine year old! Who wouldn't feel better after a letter like that? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment