Sunday was Mother's Day...
...it was also TWELVE YEARS to the day that hottie hubby and I married!
TWELVE YEARS!! And I love hottie hubby more today than I did the day we said "I do."
Two years ago (after I turned my life around, you can read about that here), hottie hubby sent me a letter in the mail while he was away with the National Guard:
20 reasons that I love you:
1. I love the way that you light up a room.
2. I love how enthusiastic you are...at ALL times.
3. I love the way you are always concerned about others and how they feel.
4. I love your gift to me of three beautiful boys.
5. I love the way that you brag about me to other people.
6. I love the way you let me think that I'm saving you all the time.
7. I love the way that you insist that our house is perfect, no matter what.
8. I love the way you push me to do things outside my comfort zone.
9. I love the way that in everything you do, you do it all.
10. I love the way that you found a church that you loved and now it is OUR church.
11. I love the way that you insist on having it your way all the time.
12. I love that the thought of my life without you seems very bleak and boring.
13. I love the way that I live for your smile and for your laugh.
14. I love the way that you make every holiday and birthday special for everyone.
15. I love the way that you support me in my dreams and aspirations.
16. I love the way you can make things happen, even when they seem impossible.
17. I love that I have the rest of my life to enjoy you.
18. I love the sound of your voice.
19. I love the way that you can make me yearn for more.
20. I love the way......this one is secret (but I'll whisper it to you when I get home).
I keep my letter inside the top drawer of my dresser and on Sunday I pulled it out and re-read it for the millionth time!
In celebration of our TWELVE YEARS of marriage, I have made a list of my own reasons for why I love hottie hubby...
1. I love how dedicated and dependable you are in every job you have ever had.
2. I love your passion for our country and your courage to protect it through the National Guard.
3. I love the way you look in uniform... ;)
4. I love the way you make me feel beautiful.
5. I love watching you as a father.
6. I love your barbecue chicken and rib eye steaks!
7. I love that you are not afraid to show emotion.
8. I love the way you hold me when I need to be held.
9. I love how strong you are...both physically and emotionally.
10. I love that you love me for who I am...unconditional love....
11. I love the secrets that only you and I share....
12. I love when you get so tickled that you get the hiccups.
13. I love your faith, your strength through Christ and your passion to serve our God.
14. I love it when you tell me a joke and when you deliver the punch line you give that look of "get it?" at the end...
15. I love (and admire) your calmness in life.
16. I love that you are you...
17. I love the way you proposed to me....
18. I love your perseverance in life.
19. I love your intelligence.
20. I love....I'll let you know the rest of this one later tonight.... ;)
I love you Mark! You make me smile from ear to ear, each and every day! Happy Anniversary!!